EQUINE WELFARE DATA COLLECTIVE
A collaboration that accumulates, analyzes, and reports data to enhance programming for transitioning and at-risk equines.
We’re a group of agencies working together to collect national data on at-risk equines and those in transition from nonprofit organizations that take custody of at-risk equines and/or provide other services related to improving equine welfare such as assistance with veterinary care, euthanasia, rehoming, and behavioral needs as well as other “safety net” services including but not limited to feed banks and gelding clinics.
Funders and industry professionals identified a need for accurate and credible data, we see it as our responsibility to understand the issues and provide needed insight.
We collect and analyze data and report on baseline trends such as capacity, current population descriptions, intakes, and outcomes.
We understand the power of data and how it can vastly shift the dialogue around an issue and drive positive change.
Here’s what our participants had to say about the EWDC!
“The contribution process was straightforward and simple to share, provided an organizations keeps good and concise records. Thank you for helping track the status of rescue horses across the country.”
“The requested data is straight forward and should be something all rescues and shelters have readily available. Giving funding agencies a direction via this information is extremely important in providing the best help for horses.”
"Simple questions made it easy to complete."
“I think this data collection is very important and not difficult at all. I am very excited and interested in seeing the results and seeing how we can use this information to better equine welfare.”
"All great information that we’re happy to share."
“Quick and easy."
“Questions were simple and broken down well which made the process easy and worked well.”
“Questions were straight forward and easy to answer.”
“Good data collection questions!”
“Thank you so much for taking on this project! The survey outcome will help us all raise awareness.”
“We are very happy to be a part of this data collection and look forward to the results and trends so that we may all together find more solutions and success for the horses.”
“Very clear and easy to complete.”
“I feel this is an excellent survey which will provide necessary information about rescues and sanctuaries.”
“Challenging, but helps in keeping data clear.”
“Participate, it’s simple. The questions are clear and concise. I did not find any part of this process challenging.”
“It helps us to track how our organization is doing as a whole, the input was simple.”
- First and foremost, participation in the EWDC is absolutely free!
- Results are aggregated and will remain anonymous with no identifying factors of organizations contributing data.
- Your data contribution will provide for more accurate study results to help you understand and communicate the scope of the issues you are tackling, better serve your community, and become a benchmark among industry leaders.
- Granting organizations will be looking for your contribution to the EWDC as part of their funding considerations.
- Contributing organizations are the first to receive results from the data collected, have the opportunity to participate in a biannual member round table discussion, and are given an EWDC member badge for their website to publicly demonstrate their commitment to our mission.