Contact: Ashley Harkins
United Horse Coalition
For Immediate Release
This Holiday Season give your horse the gift of a safety net – enter the United Horse Coalitions Microchip Giveaway!
(Washington, D.C., December 18th, 2020): Many pet owners understand the importance of microchipping a cat or dog, but did you know that you can microchip your horse?
Take a look at some of these incredible benefits!
- It’s permanent – Microchips don’t fade or distort like tattoos and brands.
- Microchips help positively ID your horse during natural disasters, disease outbreaks, theft, Houdini paddock escapades, and more!
- Some brands link directly to your horse’s medical history, allowing veterinarians to provide critical care when you are unable to be contacted.
- Accurately ID your horse at competitions, ensure your competition record is linked to your horse!
- Microchips count as equine legal identification for sales documentation and transfers.
- Enroll your horse in Full Circle programs that list previous owners, rescues, or individuals interested in providing a home or safe landing should the horse become at-risk.
- Low cost, low pain, low maintenance: chips are implanted by a veterinarian via syringe during routine visits for $35-$60 and require no upkeep. Since microchips last at least 25 years, this one-time fee should be valid for the life of the horse.
In an effort to increase awareness about the importance of microchipping your horse, the United Horse Coalition is running a microchip giveaway contest from Friday December 18th 2020 – January 1st 2021 until 5pm EST.
How to win a chance at a free Microchip and registration form:
- Go to our Facebook Page here: UHC Facebook
- Like our post about the Importance of Microchipping, AND comment about why microchipping your horse is important to you.
- Though not required, we’d love to see you share this important information with other horse lovers like you!
For more information about microchipping, the giveaway, as well as contest rules, please check out the following link: https://unitedhorsecoalition.org/microchipping/
About the United Horse Coalition
The United Horse Coalition is a broad alliance of equine organizations that have joined together under the American Horse Council to educate the horse industry about the issues facing horses at-risk or in transition. We seek to provide information for existing and prospective owners, breeders, sellers, and horse organizations regarding the long-term responsibilities of owning and caring for horses, as well as focusing on the opportunities available for these horses.